Apply for Free Home Repairs
Find general information about the Community Builders Program here. Our FREE home repair program focuses on serving those who:
- Own and occupy their homes in the city of Portland
- Earn 50% of median income or less (Dependent on household size see table below for current figure)
- Are 55 or older and/or have a disability
Household income limits by number of residents:
# of residents Maximum total household income
Total household income is established by the U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development
Services We Provide:
- Provide a comprehensive home assessment.
- Install smoke and fire alarms, and carbon monoxide alarms.
- Install bathroom safety aids.
- Address minor plumbing and electrical problems.
- Make minor roof repairs.
- Address violation notices from the Bureau of Development Services.
- Make referrals to other resources and non-profit agencies.
Community Builders Program Application
To find out if you qualify, please fill out the online Community Builders Application or print and mail it to:
Attn: Thalia Martinez-Parker
4150 SW Moody Ave.
Portland, OR 97239
or fax it to: (503) 236-3429
Interpretation services are available by phone and in-person for home repair assessments. Applications are available in English, Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese, and Chinese and can be translated into other languages upon request.
Need additional information? Have questions?