Request a REACH home repair
Please review general information about the Community Builders Program before reviewing our applicant qualifications.
Eligibility Requirements for the Community Builders Program
To qualify for a free home repair, applicants must:
- Be at least 55 years old or have a permanent disability
- Own and occupy their own home in the city of Portland
- Earn 50% of median income or less (Dependent on household size - see table below for current figure)
Household income limits by number of residents:
Number of residents Maximum total household income
Total household income is established by the U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development
Services We Provide:
- Provide a comprehensive home assessment.
- Install smoke and fire alarms, and carbon monoxide alarms.
- Install bathroom safety aids.
- Address minor plumbing and electrical problems.
- Make minor roof repairs.
- Address violation notices from the Bureau of Development Services.
- Make referrals to other resources and non-profit agencies.
The Fine Print:
- Due to a high demand, there may be a wait for our services.
- Services are dependent upon resources available at time of your site assessment. (Funds for contractor services are especially limited.)
- Repairs are completed by staff, volunteers and contractors as resources are available.
- Funds for our program come from the Portland Housing Bureau, the Portland Development Commission, area businesses and individual donations. Homeowners and their families help with repairs when feasible.
Community Builders Program Application
If you qualify, please print and mail it to:
Attn: Amanda Pile
4150 SW Moody Ave.
Portland, OR 97239
or fax it to: (503) 236-3429
Our Community Builders staff will contact you after they’ve reviewed your application. If accepted into the program, our staff will contact you to schedule a site assessment and review which repairs you requested that REACH will be able to perform
Need additional information? Have questions?